GETTING YOU FROM WHERE YOU ARE TO WHERE YOU WANT TO BE
Digital marketer, best-selling author, Army veteran, Torie Mathis helps entrepreneurs consistently grow their business with SMART marketing, digital tools, and a success mindset.
7 Ingredients of a Happy Life
What does it take to be happy?
We all know healthy, wealthy, beautiful people that are miserable, so it must take something else to be happy. But what?
What’s the big secret?
While there isn’t a recipe that will work for everyone, there are several things that most happy people have in common.
Adding at least a few of these items to your life is sure to make you smile more frequently:
1. Something to look forward to. Think about how much more you enjoy your life when you have something on the horizon to look forward to. It could be a vacation, Christmas, a baby on the way, or the pending release of a new book. What can you plan in the near future that would excite you?
2. Someone to love. It’s important to have someone to love and someone that loves you. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a romantic relationship. A child, or even a pet, can fill that role. There are many people alone in the world. All you need to do is reach out to them.
3. Challenge. It has been shown that humans require a certain amount of stress to thrive. This is referred to as eustress, as opposed to distress. Eustress is positive because it’s uplifting to be able to work through a challenge. It feels awesome to win!
4. A meaningful way to spend your time. This isn’t quite the same as a challenge. Volunteering at your church or a charity might not be challenging, but it can be meaningful. It’s important to feel that you matter.
5. Fun. Who doesn’t like to have fun? A little fun now and then is crucial. However, it’s also important to enjoy it in limited quantities. For example, riding a roller coaster might be fun. But riding a roller coaster 50 times in one day isn’t fun.
6. Other people. No matter how introverted you might be, it’s necessary to spend at least a little time with others each week. That doesn’t mean you need to attend two parties every week. Meeting for lunch with a close friend might be all the human contact you require. It’s up to you.
7. Personal growth. People are happy when they’re making progress in life. There are many ways to experience progress. It might be your waistline, health, knowledge, wisdom, golf game, or your piano skills. Knowing you’re better at something today than you were last year is a great feeling.
How happy are you?
What can you do to make yourself happier? The items in this list are important, but the list isn’t exhaustive. Add a few of these items to your life and brainstorm a few more ideas.
Avoid the trap of believing that money and possessions are the keys to happiness. Studies have shown they are not.
You can make yourself happier by taking control of your life and focusing on the things that make a difference to you.
Soon, you’ll feel greater fulfillment and realize that you’ve built a life you truly enjoy.
Here’s to creating the life you LOVE!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: TORIE MATHIS
Torie Mathis helps entrepreneurs get from where they are to where they want to be by working smarter. She is a best-selling author, Army veteran, speaker + trainer, and your mentor to creating the business+ life you love. She has cracked the code for creating a lucrative, independent business + an amazing lifestyle. She can help you with your marketing and business growth, your clarity and purpose and help you reach your vision of success. 🙂
CONFUSED BY SOCIAL MEDIA?
Join the FREE 30-day challenge to get more traffic + sales with Smart Marketing on Social Media.
Hi! I'm Torie!
From living in Europe to attending a prestigious Art School for free to traveling the world with my family and the freedom of entrepreneurship - I have a knack for getting what I want from life. I can help you get from where you are to where you want to be in business and in life.
You can create a business
and life you love.
I'm so dedicated to YOUR success that I publish a magazine about it. Subscribe for FREE today and create the success you've been dreaming of in your life.