Learn Digital Marketing - The Smart Way
You don't need crazy tech skills, stacks of cash, or huge staff to market your business. You don't even need a lot of time. What you need is to be SMART. Sign up + join thousands of entrepreneurs getting SMART with digital marketing.
7 Ingredients of a Happy Life
What does it take to be happy?
We all know healthy, wealthy, beautiful people that are miserable, so it must take something else to be happy. But what?
What’s the big secret?
While there isn’t a recipe that will work for everyone, there are several things that most happy people have in common.
Adding at least a few of these items to your life is sure to make you smile more frequently:
1. Something to look forward to. Think about how much more you enjoy your life when you have something on the horizon to look forward to. It could be a vacation, Christmas, a baby on the way, or the pending release of a new book. What can you plan in the near future that would excite you?
2. Someone to love. It’s important to have someone to love and someone that loves you. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a romantic relationship. A child, or even a pet, can fill that role. There are many people alone in the world. All you need to do is reach out to them.
3. Challenge. It has been shown that humans require a certain amount of stress to thrive. This is referred to as eustress, as opposed to distress. Eustress is positive because it’s uplifting to be able to work through a challenge. It feels awesome to win!
4. A meaningful way to spend your time. This isn’t quite the same as a challenge. Volunteering at your church or a charity might not be challenging, but it can be meaningful. It’s important to feel that you matter.
5. Fun. Who doesn’t like to have fun? A little fun now and then is crucial. However, it’s also important to enjoy it in limited quantities. For example, riding a roller coaster might be fun. But riding a roller coaster 50 times in one day isn’t fun.
6. Other people. No matter how introverted you might be, it’s necessary to spend at least a little time with others each week. That doesn’t mean you need to attend two parties every week. Meeting for lunch with a close friend might be all the human contact you require. It’s up to you.
7. Personal growth. People are happy when they’re making progress in life. There are many ways to experience progress. It might be your waistline, health, knowledge, wisdom, golf game, or your piano skills. Knowing you’re better at something today than you were last year is a great feeling.
How happy are you?
What can you do to make yourself happier? The items in this list are important, but the list isn’t exhaustive. Add a few of these items to your life and brainstorm a few more ideas.
Avoid the trap of believing that money and possessions are the keys to happiness. Studies have shown they are not.
You can make yourself happier by taking control of your life and focusing on the things that make a difference to you.
Soon, you’ll feel greater fulfillment and realize that you’ve built a life you truly enjoy.
Here’s to creating the life you LOVE!
About Digital Marketing Expert Torie Mathis
Torie Mathis helps entrepreneurs, like you, use digital marketing to grow your business without wasting time, money, or your sanity. She is a best-selling author, Army veteran, speaker + trainer, and your digital marketing coach. You don't need crazy tech skills, buckets of cash, or dedicated staff to market your business. In fact, you don't even need a lot of time. What you need is to be SMART.
Torie hosts SMART AF, a show for non-techy entrepreneurs looking to grow their business, with her husband Sean and is the creator of SMART AF Magazine. Learn from Torie at the Smart Arsenal and on her channel.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Hi! I'm Torie!
I help entrepreneurs (like you) use digital marketing to get more clients + to make more money. And I make it easy!
You don’t need crazy tech skills, buckets of cash, or dedicated staff to market your business. You don’t even need a lot of time.
What you need is to be SMART.
GET SMART AF
DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX
from your Digital Marketing Coach Torie Mathis!
Let's get SMART!