Ask just about anyone who runs an online business what their biggest struggle is, and chances are they’ll say “getting more traffic.”
That’s because you need traffic to build your email list.
You need traffic to get customers and make sales.
You need to get traffic to fill your programs.
So the question is, where do you get all this traffic?
Yes, you could buy ads, but if you aren’t careful or know what you’re doing, you might just fill your list with not so great members and that will never buy anything. You could also focus your time and energy on SEO but unless you have quite some time to build your business (and who does?) then SEO should not be your number one choice.
The good thing is you have other options.
It’s Time to Be a Guest
Everyone needs more great content. It’s the one thing that remains true among all business building content creators—there is never enough content. And that’s where you come in.
By guest posting on other business blogs, you can “leverage” some of their traffic.
You can’t simply use your old content and send it out to every business blog out there.
To get the best results for your efforts, you’ll want to instead:
• Create brand-spanking-new, custom content designed with your host’s audience in mind.
• Provide amazing value with actionable steps and strategies not found everywhere else online.
• Inject your unique personality so those new to you will instantly connect with you.
• Offer an awesome reason to click through to your website or blog to find out more about you and your services
It’s Time to Partner Up
Don’t have a list yet? Here’s a quick way to “leverage” someone else’s list in order to kickstart your own: Partner on a free event with another business owner.
Here’s how to do it:
1. You (as the one with the smaller list) come up with a compelling and free training which leads seamlessly to a low-cost, no-brainer product of yours.
2. Set up an affiliate tracking system such as a Member, Infusionsoft or Kartra.
3. Offer your affiliate partners a high percentage of profits in exchange for them co-hosting your webinar and bringing their list along for the ride.
This is really is a win/win for both of you, as you gain the traffic while your affiliate will get a big payday. Just be sure you have your funnel in place so that your new list members can benefit from the services and programs to offer.
It’s Time to Get Interviewed
If you really want to show off your expertise and knowledge and bring great traffic back to your website the easiest way is to get interviewed. Just like those authors with new books and actors with their new movies, coaches and service providers can get in front of many new audiences by answering questions about what they already know.
You may not appear on the Today Show or Oprah just yet (although that’s not impossible), but there are so many opportunities for business owners in every niche. (Yes! Yours too!)
Look for some interview and speaking opportunities with:
• YouTube Creators
• Other Business Blogs
• Local Events
• Industry Conferences
Start by reaching out to colleagues and to podcast and blog hosts you currently follow. Get the word out with your friends, connections and your list that you’re looking for interview opportunities.
Even if you don’t yet have a huge list of your own, it’s easy (and fun) to kickstart your audience growth by making yourself available for these opportunities.
With each guest post, podcast interview and webinar there is another chance to get in front of a whole new group of people, so take advantage of all the opportunities awaiting you.