work smarter. market smarter.
grow your business.
Join thousands of solopreneurs and micro-business owners and get my library of free resources and tutorials for running your tiny empire like a boss. (Exit strategy not required.)
Growing your Business through Vendors
It’s important to build relationships with your vendors and those you do business with. It’s a great way you can bring in new customers or clients and increase awareness of your personal branding, and it is often an over-looked and easy way to boost your bottom line.
The people you work directly with on your products and services are really the ones with the most to gain when you find success. By taking the time to get to know them, you’ll find a whole host of opportunities you didn’t realize were there.
Look for great ways to offer your vendors rewards for helping grow your business and everyone wins. One of the ways you can do this is by offering performance-based incentives that are much larger than their normal charges.
Here’s the step-by-step process to putting together a partnership with a vendor:
1. Approach all the vendors you work with and offer an incentive based on performance.
2. Put the generous incentive plan together from their perspective, even take suggestions.
3. Develop a clear, concise and easy to track incentive plan, this will increase competition between vendors and therefore higher performance levels.
4. Encourage subsequent sales instead of focusing only on the initial sale. By doing this you can give away more of the profit from the initial sale to your vendors and make higher profits off the back end products.
- Future sales
- Upsell better and more profitable products/services
- Cross-sell to additional products
5. Create an incentive plan that’s irresistible to your vendors by offering generous, exclusive compensation.
An affiliate program for referrals
A bonus for highest sales
A vendor appreciation event
Think of all the vendors you work with and the creative ways you can put together an incentive plan that entices them to be part of your business.
Use their talents, capabilities, and connections and you’ll both be winners.
Putting together an incentive plan doesn’t have to be a complicated process.
What kind of incentives are you offering for your vendors?
Until next time,
Are you ready to grow your business?
Get access to my free library of business building, technology taming and money mindset making tools.