How to Turn Prospects into Customers
If you have customers coming in, but are having difficulties moving them from tire kickers to paying customers I have some tips for you to turn prospects into customers.
While your marketing is doing its job to get you prospects, you need to be working on turning those prospects into paying customers. There are a few key ways to move them along the process and seal the deal.
First and foremost you need to be:
- Easy to buy from
- And you have to actually ask for the sale
The Fear that will Halt the Sale
One of the fears for many new customers is the awful feeling of buyers remorse. You’ve been
The first way you can avoid
Stop Buyers Remorse Before it can Occur
Even with you’re being transparent and honest in your marketing buyers remorse can still occur. There are a couple ways you can approach this before it ever happens: In your marketing, offer:
- to refund money-no questions asked
- a bonus they can keep even if they return the product
These are two offers that will deter fears of buyers remorse, both offers make the customer more trusting of you and your business. Other ways to turn prospects into customers:
- Offer a special price as an opportunity for you to test the market.
- Offer a lower price with the reason of pushing inventory to pay a tax bill, for your kid’s’ braces, or another tangible reason. Customers love that this makes you feel so much more human.
- Offer a referral incentive.
- Offer a smaller, more inexpensive product first to build trust.
- Offer package deals.
- Offer to charge less for their first purchase if they become a repeat customer.
- Offer extra incentives-longer warranties, free bonuses if ordered by a set date.
- Offer financing options, if applicable.
- Offer a bonus if they pay in full.
- Offer special packaging or delivery.
- Offer “name your own price” incentives.
- Offer comparative data or other comparison tools.
- Offer a trade-up or upgrade to something they already have.
- Offer additional, educational information to help them make the decision.
“By making it inviting, easy, informative, non-threatening, educational, inspiring and fun to do business with you, you’ll loft your company above the competition.” Jay Abraham
Check Your Marketing
Without paying attention to the buyer’s journey you could be setting up customer acquisition and customer retention for failure. Take a look at your sales funnel.
Are you being transparent and easy to buy from?
Are their offers in place to avoid buyers remorse?
Do you have offers to help nudge people to make the move to a paying customer?
The fast food example of “not so clear” marketing is obvious, but you could be making a similar mistake in your marketing if you are not being clear in product descriptions, product photos or website copy. Sometimes it is the lack of details that are making your customers unclear about becoming a paying client of yours.
Where can you adjust your offer to assist the journey from prospect to buyer? Where can you get more clear in your marketing to avoid uncertainty with your prospects?
Until next time,
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: TORIE MATHIS
Torie Mathis is dedicated to changing the world. She is a best selling author, Army veteran, speaker + trainer, and your mentor to creating the life you love. She believes everyone has an untapped potential and wants to help YOU create an awesome life.
WANT AN AMAZING LIFE? GET THE 10 ESSENTIAL STEPS TO CREATING A LIFE YOU LOVE (AND YOU CAN START RIGHT NOW)
Hi! I'm Torie!
I want you to feel empowered and in control of your health, career, finances, relationship and lifestyle. I want you to walk with your head held high and feel amazing about the life you’ve created.
Let’s find your passion, feel confident, embrace your health and shift your mindset for the amazing life that awaits you.
Here’s to the power of change & the life of your dreams.
The Power to Create a Life you Love
If you’ve spent your life wondering when change is going to magically appear in your lap, that’s all going to change.
If you’ve felt restless and confused, knowing things aren’t exactly how you want them to be, but unsure of what to do, now is the time to turn it all around.
If you know you should take action, but the thought of it sends you hiding I have news for you. Rather than waiting passively for change to whisk you away, it’s time to create your own version of success.
Your time to change is now.