How to Turn Prospects into Customers
While your marketing is doing its job to get your prospects, you need to be working on turning those prospects into paying customers. There are a few key ways to move them along the process and seal the deal.
First and foremost you need to be:
- Easy to buy from
- And you have to actually ask for the sale
The Fear that will Halt the Sale
One of the fears for many new customers is the awful feeling of buyers remorse. You’ve been there when you start to doubt your purchase decision. You want to do your best to avoid customers from feeling this way at all costs.
The first way you can avoid buyers remorse is providing a quality product that is in line with all of the marketing claims you made prior to purchase. Over exaggerating benefits or features is a sure way to disappoint any customers, even if this is unintentional. Make sure your marketing is honest and clear.
Stop Buyers Remorse Before it can Occur
Even with you’re being transparent and honest in your marketing buyers remorse can still occur. There are a couple ways you can approach this before it ever happens:
In your marketing, offer:
- To refund money-no questions asked
- A bonus they can keep even if they return the product
These are two offers that will deter fears of buyers remorse, both offers make the customer more trusting of you and your business.
Other ways to turn prospects into customers:
- Offer a special price as an opportunity for you to test the market.
- Offer a lower price with the reason of pushing inventory to pay a tax bill, for your kid’s’ braces, or another tangible reason. Customers love that this makes you feel so much more human.
- Offer a referral incentive.
- Offer a smaller, more inexpensive product first to build trust.
- Offer package deals.
- Offer to charge less for their first purchase if they become a repeat customer.
- Offer extra incentives-longer warranties, free bonuses if ordered by a set date.
- Offer financing options, if applicable.
- Offer a bonus if they pay in full.
- Offer special packaging or delivery.
- Offer “name your own price” incentives.
- Offer comparative data or other comparison tools.
- Offer a trade-up or upgrade to something they already have.
- Offer additional, educational information to help them make the decision.
Look around other industries and see what kind of offers businesses are making to turn their prospects into buyers. With a little imagination, the possibilities are really endless. Don’t be afraid to test out different offers to see what works best for your business, your products and services and your target market.
“By making it inviting, easy, informative, non-threatening, educational, inspiring and fun to do business with you, you’ll loft your company above the competition.”
Check Your Marketing
Without paying attention to the buyer’s journey you could be setting up customer acquisition and customer retention for failure. Take a look at your sales funnel.
Are you being transparent and easy to buy from?
Are their offers in place to avoid buyers remorse?
Do you have offers to help nudge people to make the move to a paying customer?
The fast food example of “not so clear” marketing is obvious, but you could be making a similar mistake in your marketing if you are not being clear in product descriptions, product photos or website copy. Sometimes it is the lack of details that are making your customers unclear about becoming a paying client of yours.
Where can you adjust your offer to assist the journey from prospect to a buyer? Where can you get more clear in your marketing to avoid uncertainty with your prospects?
Here’s to creating the life you LOVE!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: TORIE MATHIS
Torie Mathis helps entrepreneurs get from where they are to where they want to be by working smarter. She is a best-selling author, Army veteran, speaker + trainer, and your mentor to creating the business+ life you love. She has cracked the code for creating a lucrative, independent business + an amazing lifestyle. She can help you with your marketing and business growth, your clarity and purpose and help you reach your vision of success. 🙂
Are you smart about your marketing?
Take the free quiz and see how your business stacks up.
Hi! I'm Torie!
From living in Europe to attending a prestigious Art School for free to traveling the world with my family and the freedom of entrepreneurship - I have a knack for getting what I want from life. I can help you get from where you are to where you want to be in business and in life.
You can create a business
and life you love.
I'm so dedicated to YOUR success that I publish a magazine about it. Subscribe for FREE today and learn how you can be SMART AF when growing your business.